THE BEST HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS sticky and sweet, these are the most perfect honey-garlic chicken wings.
Yes, it is I, the Queen of the Chicken Wings, back again with a brand new chicken wing recipe. Chicken Wing Sunday (and Saturday, for that matter) had been seriously missing from my house for a bit, blame it on the pandemic, I know I do, but I was happy to finally pick up some chicken wings at the grocery store and make a triumphant chicken wing weekend return! And to ensure it was triumphant, I decided to whip up a brand new marinade for these wings.
I often play around with my chicken wing dry rub and/or marinade, but even so it usually always contains some semblance of the ingredients “honey” and “garlic.” What is it about those two flavours that somehow work so magnificently together– whether as the centerpiece of the recipe or just companions in a long ingredient list??? I have always loved the pairing of honey + garlic together, so this recipe was really second nature to me.
These chicken wings are perfectly sticky, thanks to the marinade they get to soak in (the longer, the better– I recommend being extra and doing it for a full 24 hours). The garlic listed acts as a simple baseline recommendation– feel free to up the ante if you’re passionate about that a strong garlick-y flavour.
Either way, these will turn out mouth-watering, and they really satisfy that finger food craving we all seem to get on the weekend. No? Just me? All the appetizers, snack platters, galore? These chicken wings fit right in. I mean, that is the reason that Chicken Wing Sunday-Slash-Saturday is even a thing in our household to begin with. I guess at this point it’s really just, well, the weekend: the weekend comes with chicken wings. It just is what it is.
These wings, beyond allowing them to marinade, are super easy to make. I did a quick ‘Reel’ for them on Instagram too, if that proves of any help (honestly, idk if anyone can find a Reel truly helpful lmao) you can find me over on IG @grainfreee.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS: INGREDIENTS
- 24 separated chicken wings (unseparated, divide in half) (approx 1.5 lb)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced or finely chopped
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS: HOW TO
- start by mixing the wet ingredients together, and then mix in the dry spices and garlic until well combined.
- clean and dry your chicken wings, and place them in a large bowl. pour the honey-garlic sauce across the chicken wings, again, tossing the wings in the sauce as you go, covering them well.
- let the wings marinade for 24 hours, or at least 3 hours.
- once ready, preheat the oven to 350.
- place the wings on a parchment paper-lined baking tray or a rack, and bake in the oven for 45 mins, remove and flip, before cooking for another 10-15 mins, or until done.