PEANUT BUTTER & JAM BLONDIES (GRAIN FREE, SCD DIET) peanut butter and tahini form the base of these rich squares, swirled beautifully with strawberry jam.
While chocolate seems like a distant memory at this point, I can still enjoy a good blondie or two– even a refined sugar free, grain free, gluten free blondie.
These ones in particular taste like peanut butter, with a hint of tahini adding to the flavour. The squares look pretty af thanks to the strawberry jam that’s swirled around the layers of batter, and it tastes just as good as it looks.
These are quite easy to make and you could play around with the nut butters– it doesn’t need to be tahini and peanut butter, I’m going to try it with all peanut butter next time, and eventually almond butter too. As I’ve learned from baking while being on a grain free, gluten free diet — nut butters aren actually incredibly versatile baking substance, they can both be added to a recipe for flavour and thickening and they can work all on their own without the addition of any coconut or almond flours, too. It’s crazy to think there was a time when I was not such an avid nut butter fan. Seriously. Even this classic combo of PB & strawberry jam — growing up, I detested a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Now there is nothing more that I enjoy than spooning *insert any nut butter here* out of the jar by the mouthful.
Less talk about my nut butter obsession though, and more recipe. See below!
PEANUT BUTTER & JAM BLONDIES INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup of tahini (can sub peanut butter for stronger PB flavour!)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of honey
- dash of cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp of strawberry jam
PEANUT BUTTER & JAM BLONDIES HOW TO
- in a food processor or by hand, mix the tahini, peanut butter, baking soda, egg, honey and cinnamon in a bowl.
- pour the 1/2 of the batter into a small baking dish, and spoon in half of the strawberry jam across the dish, swirling it with a knife.
- layer the rest the batter jam, and spoon the rest of the jam.
- bake at 350 for 30 mins. allow to cool before slicing.