THE BEST CHICKEN WINGS EVER these chicken wings are simply the best, ever, to put it mildly. children & adults alike will devour these in one sitting.
I make the best chicken wings, ever (and it must be true because this is the third time I’ve said it in this one post). However, it’s come with a lot of practice. Practice essentially just means that I eat chicken wings every Saturday night for what I’ve dubbed “Chicken Wing Saturday.” It’s a festive occasion at my house, sometimes I’ll even slow cook the chicken wings in the oven for three hours to result in the most perfect, juicy, tender and delicious wings (#protip).
Practice also means constant little recipe tweaks, but as it stands, barring any future tweaks, the recipe below will ensure that you have ~literally~ the best chicken wings ever. It’s a dry rub, which is my preference since being on the SCD diet. I don’t spend too much time (ok, no time) making fancy SCD legal sauces or bbq sauces or what have you, because that can honestly be extremely time consuming (I work a full time job OKKKKK), and a dry rub is JUST. AS. DELICIOUS. Dare I say, more. I use healthy amounts of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, as well as generous amounts of honey to ensure they still get a little coating beyond the spices, but really, that’s all you need. You can definitely omit the honey too, if you prefer. It’ll taste delicious all the same.
I miss the days when I could go to the pub or local bar and munch on chicken wings like any other person who doesn’t suffer from gut issues, but also, I don’t miss those days at all because now I get to make my own, MUCH HEALTHIER version of that, and I get to munch on as many as I want in the comfort of my own home. Yup. That also means I am judgement-free when I eat my weight in chicken wings.
Without further adieu, the recipe below has become a staple in my house, and it’s also an extremely flexible recipe too– it’s very easy to swap in different spices and omit others depending on your personal preference, it’s actually kind of difficult to go wrong and create something other than entirely-delicious. Definitely tag me on Instagram @grainfreee if you try making these chicken wings! Ain’t no thang but a chicken wang, as they say. Or, as OutKast says.
the best chicken wings ever: ingredients
- 1.5-2 lbs of wings (or else, try 10-15 whole chicken wings // 20-25 when separated)
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 2 tsp of salt
- 4 tsp of paprika
- dash of pepper
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
the best chicken wings ever: how to
- mix your spices all together in a small bowl.
- put the bowl aside as you mix your wet ingredients. in a small bowl, combine the honey, dijon and toasted sesame seed oil.
- place your chicken wings in a large bowl and sprinkle dry rub across all the wings, tossing as you go, trying to cover as many areas of the wings as possible.
- pour the marinade across the chicken wings, again, tossing the wings in the sauce as you and covering as much as you can.
- you can let the wings marinade for a few hours, if you have the time, otherwise, place them directly in the oven at 350 for 45 mins, remove and flip, before cooking for another 15 mins, or until done.
the best chicken wings ever
- 1.5-2 lb chicken wings (or else, try 10-15 whole chicken wings // 20-25 when separated)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of pepper
- Mix your spices all together in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, also prepare your wet ingredients-- combine, the honey, dijon and toasted sesame seed oil.
- Place your chicken wings in a large bowl and sprinkle dry rub across all the wings, tossing as you go, trying to cover as many areas of the wings as possible.
- Pour your well-mixed marinade across the chicken wings, again, tossing the wings in the sauce as you and covering as much as you can.
- Let the wings marinade for a few hours, if you have the time, otherwise, place them directly in the oven at 350 for 45 mins, remove and flip, before cooking for another 15 mins, or until done.