APPLE PECAN GRAIN FREE GRANOLA yummy, crunchy, homemade granola bars packed with cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and more.
GUYS, I’VE OUTDONE MYSELF, AGAIN! I’ve created yet another wholly addictive and crunchy and sweet and clustery and ohmygooodnessss-I-lack-the-words-to-describe grain free granola! This flavour was devised as a result of fall, and apple picking season.
I picked approximately 21 lbs of apples, and so I had to get to work on eating and baking with them. Fear not, the task has been accomplished. And among the aftermath, we now have an absolutely fall-appropriate pecan apple grain free granola recipe. Don’t let those fall vibes fool you though, this granola is delicious and highly addictive any time of the year.
The trick to getting a hintttt of apple flavour and a bit of extra crunch is the inclusion of a peeled, grated, and drained apple. The recipe is simple, and that’s why I love making granola, it’s very hassle free, throw-everything-in-one-bowl and have something yummy to munch within twenty minutes. So that being said, let’s get to baking.
Grab the recipe below. Let me know if you try it, you can find me on IG @grainfreee.
APPLE PECAN GRAIN FREE GRANOLA INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened, finely shredded coconut
- 1 apple, peeled and grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup of dehydrated apples, chopped into pieces (optional)
APPLE PECAN GRAIN FREE GRANOLA HOW TO
- coarsely chop up your nuts and mix all your nuts with the coconut, honey, coconut oil, grated apple, and all your spices together in a bowl, adding the egg white last.
- mix until everything is well-covered and combined.
- once well mixed, pour it on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread out the mixture into a rectangular shape, flattening it as you go. it should basically be one large granola rectangle.
- bake at 330 for 20 mins, and remove from oven, gently flipping chunks of granola over. return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- remove from the oven and allow to cool. once cool, break the granola into chunks and mix together (optional) add-ins such as dehydrated apple bits and raisins.