CINNAMON RAISIN GRAIN FREE GRANOLA a brand new granola recipe with cinnamon undertones and loaded with raisins.
So I originally made this recipe as an impromptu video for IGTV the other week, and I just got around to actually typing it up for the website. Nonetheless if you want to follow along in the video, I’ve also embedded it below.
I wanted granola with a cinnamon and flare, and that’s exactly what I did with this recipe. I added in raisins as a last minute decision, to recall anything cinnamon-raisin-flavoured you would have as a child — that was always one of my favourite combos.
This granola is crunchy, and chewy. It’s sweetened with medjool dates and the honey, but if you prefer to make it less sweet you can always opt to put a bit less honey. As it is, I tried not to over do it, but the medjool dates add that chewy factor to the granola as well.
This granola recipe is definitely going into my grain free granola rotation ASAP, I can’t wait to make it again.
Check out my video on how to make it below, and scroll further past for the written instructions. I hope you love this granola, and if you make it, definitely tag me on Instagram!
CINNAMON RAISIN GRAIN FREE GRANOLA INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened finely-shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 3 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and softened
- 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil
- 1 cup of raisins
CINNAMON RAISIN GRAIN FREE GRANOLA HOW TO
- preheat the oven to 350.
- chop up all your nuts into small chunks. toss them in a bowl, and add the coconut flakes and finely-shredded coconut. mix together.
- dice up the medjool dates into small pieces, and mix with the nuts. continue to stir in the grapeseed oil, honey, and egg white.
- finally, add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and combine well.
- spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and flatten with a spatula.
- bake in the oven at 350 for 20-22 mins. remove the oven and allow to cool, before you break it up into pieces and mix with the cup of raisins.
- store in a mason jar in the fridge or freezer.