GRAIN FREE HONEY BUNCHES N'OATS GRANOLA an scd legal, grain free, gluten free granola that tastes like cereal and has absolutely no oats.
Back again with a brand new granola recipe that wowowowow every time is better than the last time, what can I say. This particular granola strain reminded me of a cereal and for the first day or two I couldn’t put my finger on it but then I did: honey bunches of oats!! Hence the name was born, honey bunch N’OATS. I am grain free(e), after all.
I do add an egg to this granola which helps gives it a chunkier texture, however you could omit it, you just may not get the same big granola clusters. And really, what is life without clusters of granola? It’s all about the cluster.
This granola combines slivered, blanched almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, raw cashews and raw walnuts, alongside peanut butter, honey, medjool dates and raisins to finish it all off. Everything comes together to create the perfect cereal-esque granola, like seriously, I would definitely try this with almond milk or whatever type of milk you can tolerate. Otherwise, yogurt is always a safe bet. Or just eating it out of the jar. That works. Essentially, whichever way you can get more in your mouth is probably the best way to eat this. Just joking. But also not, it’s how I tend to eat granola. I swear granola is not safe around me. Hide your granola when I’m around!!
HONEY BUNCHES N'OATS GRANOLA INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of slivered, blanched almonds⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup of cashews ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 cups of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract ⠀
- 1 tsp of cinnamon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup of raisins
HONEY BUNCHES N'OATS GRANOLA HOW TO
- in a saucepan bring honey, pitted and chopped medjool dates to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer on low for five minutes. meanwhile, coarsely chop up all your nuts.
- place chopped nuts with the unsweetened shredded coconut in a bowl.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- add in the vanilla, cinnamon, peanut butter and egg, and mix well with the nuts.
- once the dates and honey have finished simmering, pour into the bowl with your nuts and combine well.
- spread the granola mixture across a parchment paper-lined baking tray, spreading it evenly to the edges of the tray, patting it down flat.
- bake at 350 for 20 mins, and flip, and bake for 5-10 minutes longer. it should be brown.
- remove from oven and allow to cool before you break it up into clusters and mix in your raisins.