GRAIN FREE CREPES these amazing crepes are delicate and sweetened ever so slightly by honey and pure vanilla extract.
These crepes can be used to make my favourite brunch item ever, cheese blintzes, or else they can be devoured hot out of the cast iron pan just as soon as you finish making one (err…maybe that’s just how I do it. Because they’re that good). Yeah, it always happens – I want to make a batch for the week ahead, and my boyfriend and I end up eating the whole batch before it even stands a chance of going into the fridge. Inevitably, I will make a second batch which sometimes does/does not make it to the fridge too. I might have a problem. But anyways.
The recipe is adapted from @ElanasPantry, who is the OG when it comes to grain free, SCD recipe creation. I tweaked one of the ones that can be found in her Paleo Cook Book.
These are so delicious served with hot honey or maple syrup, and I’ll often have them with homemade jam or peanut butter or almond butter or…the choices are endless, really. If you can do chocolate, you could even serve these with some chocolate chips. I’ve served them with warm, baked apples covered in cinnamon and currants (as seen in the photo above), and it was probably the best thing ever. I highly recommend it.
First things first though– you’ll have to whip up a batch of the crepes and attempt not to eat them all as you cook them. Good luck!
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- first mix the coconut flour with the baking soda in a large bowl.
- add in your wet ingredients and whisk well.
- heat 1-2 tsp of avocado oil on a cast iron skillet at medium-low heat.
- once hot, spoon the batter on to the hot skillet a 1/4 cup at a time.
- taking the handle of the skillet (be careful it might be hot!), tilt the pan to spread the batter to all edges evenly.
- allow to cook until bubbles start to form.
- be careful to flip, these are delicate! allow to cook for a few more minutes and remove from heat.
- repeat for the rest of the batter.