GRAIN FREE HOMEMADE ROSEMARY CRACKERS these grain free crackers are made with almond flour and a hint of rosemary, making for a delicate flavour and delicious pairing with your favorite cheeses.
Grain free crackers are not only super easy to make, and come together within minutes (minus baking), and you can really get that same crunchy cracker-ness you expect from a regular ol’ cracker if you roll them thin enough.
I make these ones with almond flour, and they’re so versatile in flavour too– if you’re not a fan of rosemary, you could try subbing in the same measurement of another dried herb, whatever your preference is: oregano, basil, thyme would all work. You could even add in things like cheese, sprinkled on top before you bake or else sprinkled inside the almond flour mixture (try 1/2 cup), or you could go for plain crackers, and leave out everything, or perhaps just sprinkle with salt for saltine-like crackers. Yeah, this may look like it’s one recipe but REALLY it’s like seven recipes.
Going back to just how freaking easy these crackers are to put together: all you need is a cup and a half of almond flour, salt, avocado oil, rosemary (or your preferred dried herb), and an egg. Mix your ingredients quickly by hand, and roll out your dough in between two pieces of parchment paper. The thinner you roll it out, the thinner (and cracker-ier) your cracker will be. If they’re too thick, they end up seeming more like a light cookie-cracker, so go thin, don’t be shy.
The full recipe is below, tag me on IG @grainfreee if you try these, I’d love to see how they turn out!
1 + 1/2 cups of almond flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of rosemary (or desired dried herb)
1/2 tbsp of avocado oil
- mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- combine the batter well and roll it into a log shape. wrap it in parchment paper and place in freezer for 15-20 mins to allow to harden a bit.
- once the dough has firmed up a bit, take it out and place the dough between two large sheets of parchment paper, and use a roller on top of the parchment paper to roll it into one large rectangular sheet.
- remove the top piece of parchment paper and place the bottom sheet (with the dough rolled out on top of it) on top of a baking sheet.
- with a knife, lightly slice through the batter both vertically and horizontally to create square-shape crackers.
- preheat oven to 350 and bake for 12 mins, until lightly golden brown. allow to cool before breaking up the pieces into individual cracker squares.