LAMB MEATBALLS delicately flavoured lamb meatballs best served with sauteed white button mushrooms and red onions.
Why is everything better when it’s in miniature form? It’s definitely some sort of unwritten rule when it comes to food. Hamburgers are cool and all, but meatballs are just so much more fun. I’ve made these lamb meatballs in their big-brother/sister form (aka burgers) but they definitely hit the spot more as a meatball.
Lamb already has a such a distinct flavour, you don’t really need to go too crazy when it comes to adding spice here, but with the delicate flavour of the rosemary and basil, contrasted with toasted sesame seed oil and fresh garlic; you have one mouth-pleasing combination.
These meatballs can also be multi-purpose, you can serve them as an appetizer dish, sticking some toothpicks in them individually, or else add them to a pasta-esque dish (maybe something with zoodles if you’re on the SCD diet or low-carb), or you can simply eat them as is, alongside some sauteed mushrooms and red onions– at least, that’s how I devoured them. For the best effect, definitely keep the leftover lamb juices and fat drippings that pool on your baking tray, and put those in a cast iron skillet before you sautee your mushrooms and onions. It’s divine. I can imagine serving these meatballs on top of warm jasmine rice or cauliflower rice, again, just be sure to use your leftover drippings to mix into the rice!
lamb meatballs: INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb of ground lamb approx
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of basil
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary
- 2 tsp of fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp of toasted sesame seed oil
lamb meatballs: HOW TO
- mix all the ingredients together well in a large bowl
- form the ground meat into little balls, slightly larger than a tablespoon in size – I made 22 meatballs approximately. place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- bake at 425 for 20-25 mins, until done.
- optional: scoop up the drippings that pool around each meatball from the baking tray, and place the drippings in a hot cast iron skillet. sauté diced mushrooms and onions in it, to serve alongside the meatball.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- mix all the ingredients together well in a large bowl.
- form the ground meat into little balls, slightly larger than a tablespoon in size - I made 22 meatballs approximately.
- place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.bake at 425 for 20-25 mins, until done.
- optional: scoop up the drippings that pool around each meatball from the baking tray, and place the drippings in a hot cast iron skillet. sauté diced mushrooms and onions in it, to serve alongside the meatballs.