GRAIN FREE LEMON CHERRY MUFFINS a sweet, creamy muffin with a slight tang.
These scrumptious, creamy muffins were a result of one of my many dry curd cottage cheese, also known as farmer’s cheese, baking experiments. If you follow the SCD diet, you’ve heard of the infamous DCCC– it can be difficult to find, but it’s become one of my favourite ingredients for grain free, gluten free baked goods. It’s got a creamy texture, yet the flavour itself of DCCC is very mild, so when you add it to your baked goods, you won’t even notice it’s there. It can act as a yogurt replacement (for me, at least, it definitely has done the trick!) but it also provides a bit more oomph to any given recipe that yogurt alone cannot do (unless perhaps it’s dripped yogurt).
You know you’re on some weird diet when you can’t stop ranting about the benefits of some strange, mostly flavourless cousin of cottage cheese, amirite??? It’s quickly become one of my favourite baking essentials, and it’s even delicious by itself, with a little bit of honey and pure vanilla extract, of course. I have a recipe for that right here.
- 1/2 cup of DCCC
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of honey⠀
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil⠀
- 1/2 of lemon freshly squeezed for juice
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest (approx 1 whole lemon)
- 1/2 cup of cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- using a food processor, blend the DCCC with the honey, eggs, and coconut oil.
- continue to blend in food processor, adding in coconut flour, baking soda, lemon juice and lemon zest, until everything is well combined w the DCCC.
- once well mixed, you can remove from the processor and fold in your cherries.
- scoop out batter into parchment cup-lined or greased muffin trays, bake at 350 for 20-25 mins (keep an eye)!