MINI GRAIN FREE LEMON LOAVES these are the cutest little mini lemon cake loaves, they're especially delicious, fluffy and creamy.
If you couldn’t tell yet by the amount of lemon-related recipes on my website and/or Instagram page, I’ll tell you straight up: I love the flavour of lemon. I used to hate it. I mean, I guess as a kid who doesn’t hate lemon? It’s sour, a natural repellant for children who typically gravitate towards sweet things. I’ve come to eat and love lemons as an adult, they’ve become engrained in my daily life. I always stock up on lemons when I’m in the grocery store. I use them for my daily salad, in cooking, and baking.
Thus, I bring to you: another lemon-infused recipe.
I don’t think I could ever have too many lemon recipes too, it’s an ingredient I always have on hand and I never tire of. There are certain baked treats that you can just over-do and not want, but lemon treats, no way. I guess that’s a good and bad thing depending how you look at it, because it also means I’ll eat the whole batch in two days.
Lemons just give desserts the perfect flavour, you can balance the sweetness so nicely when a lemon is involved. These are sweetened by honey, of course, and contain dry curd cottage cheese, also known as farmer’s cheese, which gives the lemon loaf a creamy texture and flavour. If you don’t have DCCC, greek yogurt or SCD yogurt that’s been dripped for 24 hours in the fridge should also do the trick. ALSO: if you don’t have a mini loaf tray (well you definitely NEED one!! It’s awesome), fear not, you can make this as one big loaf if you want, or you can make it in a muffin tray. Both work fantastic!
MINI GRAIN FREE LEMON LOAVES INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of dry curd cottage cheese (farmer’s cheese)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest & 2 tbsp of lemon juice (approximately one whole lemon)
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
MINI GRAIN FREE LEMON LOAVES HOW TO
- Starting with your coconut flour in the food processor, add your dry curd cottage and all other ingredients, and combine well.
- You may need to scrape down the edges of the food processor once or twice before it’s done mixing. It should become light and fluffy in texture.
- Prepare your loaf tin (or muffin tray) with parchment paper, and scoop in your batter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 – 40 mins. If you’re baking this as one big loaf rather than the minis, you should bake it 5-10 minutes longer.