GRAIN FREE PECAN MONSTER MARSHMALLOW COOKIES these grain free cookies are monstrous! they're filled with too many goodies, including chopped pecans, raisins and little bits of marshmallow pieces. what's not to like?
I have to admit that I’ve grown pretty critical of my cookies as of late. I won’t tolerate a cookie that isn’t the perfect balance of chewy, soft, crunchy, without being over-baked, under-baked or full-on soggy. It’s a fine line, I swear. I’ve tried many cookie recipes since I began to eat grain free and gluten free, and honestly, some are hit and miss, depending on the ingredients used.
I’ve found that almond flour often results in the best cookie texture and cookie-eating-experience, especially when you add a little something special into the mix, such as a nut. I’ve done cashew cookies before (which were so good) I’ve also done macadamia nut cookies (another amazing cookie combo), and so next up on the bucket list: pecans.
These aren’t your average pecan cookies though (!!!), they’re my version of “monster” cookies, because of just how heavily they’re packed with little bites of heavenly goodness!!
Every bite you take has a pocket of toasted marshmallow goodness, or else toasted pecan goodness, or else toasted raisin goodness. And when it all comes together with the almond flour base, and a bit of pure vanilla extract you have one vvvvvv magical cookie.
These are going to not only impress you, they will impress your gluten-eating friends. You’d be surprised by just how good of a cookie you can make while still following the SCD diet– even if it doesn’t contain your trademark chocolate chip cookie add-in.
If you are not following the SCD diet, or else, do not follow it strictly, you could totally swap in chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs in place of the raisins, however I wanted these to be SCD friendly from the jump, so I chose to use raisins. Also, I don’t eat raw cacao very much, although I have tried it after being on the SCD diet for over a year.
All that being said, you should now enjoy the recipe asap below! Tag me on IG if you make these, I’d love to see: @grainfreee.
PECAN MONSTER COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of toasted pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows (or chopped up marhsmallow pieces, which is what i did) (could be omitted)
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg
PECAN MONSTER COOKIES HOW TO
- place your almond flour and baking soda in a bowl, and combine.
- make sure your pecans are chopped and toasted, if they are not yet- chop up whole pecans and toast them in the oven for 10-15 mins max, avoid burning.
- add the vanilla extract, grapeseed oil and honey to the bowl, combine well. add in the egg.
- finally, mix in all your extras: chopped pecans, raisins and marshmallow pieces. you want to combine everything well. you can opt to use different extras as desired, or omit one you don’t want!
- it may seem a bit crumbly, but it will stick together. form the dough into little balls, using about a tablespoon or two tablespoons of batter at a time, and place these balls on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. you’ll want to make sure each cookie has a little bit of everything in it.
- flatten each ball with the palm of your hand, and bake the cookies in the oven at 350 for 12 mins. it will make approx 22 cookies.
- store in fridge or freezer– enjoy cold or frozen!!